Thursday, August 2, 2012

Scoopit

This program will be useful to any of my future students and their parents. I don`t know how I would utilize this technology in my class because there are many ways that it could be exploited. An idea that comes to mind is to have a site where students can have extra help on learning content and also to expose them to the «french world». On the scoopit page I created there are several sites to practice grammar and reading as well as investigate different francophone countries. The benefit of this is that students can go visit the scoopit site and find information that suits their needs. There are a lot of websites that present similar topics, so students can pick and chose. In terms of engaging parents, I think that it would be beneficial for them to see what their children are learning. The one concern that I have is that there is a lot of information available on this website. It is easy to click through the available resources and press scoop-it but realistically do I have time to check if these are the best resources...probably not. I think it could be a simple way to expose my students to more french. In additon, some of the technologies and ways the material is presented might be more engaging than one of my lectures.

No comments:

Post a Comment